Trackaholics Den
Welcome Now Start your Engine

Toyota Celica ST205 1994 [released]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Toyota Celica ST205 1994 [released]

Post  GeeDee on Thu 6 Mar - 22:46

@sakis wrote: Hi I converted the car to GTL but in car features,top speed 0kph and when I go to test the car crash to desktop
Did you remember to include the files STEX.GTR & TALENT.GTR and any others that GTR2 requires?

If that doesn't work then do a 'TRACE' file. If you don't know how to do it use this advice (thanks to Splinteret):
http://evolution-modding.usersboard.net/t113-how-to-create-trace-file?highlight=trace

Post your findings here if you need to... BUT PLEASE, just the last 10 lines will be enough.  yes, yes  thumbup
GeeDee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sakis on Fri 7 Mar - 17:24

I did that a month before and I lost all my game.I loaded the game after this procedure and I had only the 2 first(Lotus and Mini) cars and all other locked,the same for circuits.So I am afraid to do that again Sad

sakis

Back to top Go down

Post  GeeDee on Fri 7 Mar - 19:28

@sakis wrote:I did that a month before and I lost all my game.I loaded the game after this procedure and I had only the 2 first(Lotus and Mini) cars and all other locked,the same for circuits.So I am afraid to do that again Sad
Putting these files into your game will NOT ruin it in anyway as you need these files to run cars that are converted from GTR2.

I have these files in all of my GTL installations and they work fine for me... been doing it for nearly 7 years!  thumbup 

For tracks you need to copy the Shared file from Locations in GTR2 and put in Locations GTL as this does a similar thing.  thumbup
GeeDee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KssMotor on Sat 8 Mar - 2:40

@sakis wrote:I did that a month before and I lost all my game.I loaded the game after this procedure and I had only the 2 first(Lotus and Mini) cars and all other locked,the same for circuits.So I am afraid to do that again Sad
If your GTL stuffs are still locked then try this as it's supposed to unlock your game's contents.
Just follow the instructions & everything will be ok!  oh yeah!
KssMotor
Track Day lover
Track Day lover

http://trackaholics.nstars.org/f57-kssmotor-skin-zone

Back to top Go down

Post  sakis on Tue 11 Mar - 9:48

Must I have talent.gtr and stex.gtr to any mod folder or in general in the teams folder?

sakis

Back to top Go down

Post  sakis on Tue 11 Mar - 13:02

Finally I found the solution for Ford RS500,I changed the name of tire brand in Hdc file in a name of brand I already have and the problem with 0 kph disappeared,I will try the same for Celica  Very Happy

sakis

Back to top Go down

Post  Angry Canine on Fri 11 Apr - 10:40

Good car.

Couple of questions.
Is there a genstring key available?
Any way to get wing from kit 4 together with the hood of kit 2?
Any way to remove the roll cage?
Angry Canine
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  Everfresh Cranberry on Sat 12 Apr - 4:42

@Angry Canine wrote:Good car.

Couple of questions.
Is there a genstring key available?
Any way to get wing from kit 4 together with the hood of kit 2?
Any way to remove the roll cage?

1. Make your own genstring guide by looking at the .car and .cas files. whenever you see an Example<#>.gmt  is it a mesh file controlled by a genstring. # denotes which position of the genstring is it using.
Ex:
In your .car file there is "genstring=01210"
In the .cas file you see the lines Car_Make_Wing<3>.gmt and Car_Make_Rims<4>

It means that the car is using the wing denoted by the 3rd number of our genstring, which in our example is Wing2.
Similarly the car is using rims denoted by the 4th number, which in our example is Rims1

To find out how many different parts you got you'll need to open up the .GTR file and explore there. To see what the different parts look like you'll need to extract the .gmt files from the .gtr files then open the .gmt files with a 3d modelling program.

2. Using the above knowledge:
Open up the .cas files of both body kits and find the spoiler lines. If its using the genstring number then note down which position of the genstring controls the wing option then open the .car file from a Kit2 and a Kit 4 car. Compare genstrings and change the appropriate letter position to the appropriate value. Note that one genstring digit may control many different parts of the car.

In the above example, if I want Wing7 then I'll change the number in the 3rd position to 7 so it reads genstring=01710

If it the wing doesn't use a genstring value then copy the entire line(s) from the kit4 .cas file and overwrite the same lines in the kit2 .cas file. Now your Kit2 car will use a Kit4 spoiler.

3. Building on our lesson from above. Open the .cas line and find something that read "Car_Make_Rollcage.gmt" or similiar. If there's a line like that then we know that the rollcage is a standalone part of the vehicle. Place a double slash "//" at the very front of that line to instruct the game to skip reading that particular line and consequently not displaying the rollcage.

If nothing like that is found then we know the rollcage is part of another mesh file. You'll need to open the car up with a 3d modelling program to edit the mesh which is a tutorial for another day.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Angry Canine on Sat 12 Apr - 6:20

Thanks. That should help me out a lot, not just on this car, but others too.
Angry Canine
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  Angry Canine on Sat 12 Apr - 7:55

The third number in the genstring was 7 for all of them, no matter what wing they had.
I got the wing I wanted by copying and renaming the .cas, and then pasting the wing lines from kit 4 into kit 1, and pointing my cars to the new .cas cheers .

The roll cage isn't separate in the .cas, so I'm stuck with that. I don't know anything about the modeling end of things, and don't have the software to learn.
Angry Canine
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  fastdriver on Sun 20 Mar - 16:05

Thx!

fastdriver

Back to top Go down

Post  El Chueco on Sun 20 Mar - 16:10

Thank You Ron, nice car!!