Trackaholics Den
Welcome Now Start your Engine

Aston Vantage v600 1998 [released]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Aston Vantage v600 1998 [released]

Post  GeeDee on Tue 15 Oct - 14:07

In every car that you want to have right hand drive you need a '-' sign in the right place, eg:

ExternalDriverPosition=(-0.421, 0.260, -0.140)
FirstPersonDriverPosition=(-0.395, 0.075, -0.185)

The centre is '0' and left of that are plus figures '+' and to the right are minus figures '-'

Also you need to change this to a '0':
LeftSideSteering=0

cheers 
GeeDee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zziggy Sternenstaub on Tue 15 Oct - 14:40

Hi Gee, thanks for the help! I know this and just switched to LHD to make a better screenshot. But the steering wheel seems to be unmovable, I guess because it is mapped to the Zagato car. Can this be?

Because the steering wheel is mentioned in the car-file like this:

SteeringWheelAxis=(0.0,0.2,1.0) and still it sits quietly Very Happy  on the left side. Even if I put in
SteeringWheelAxis=(-0.76,0.2,1.0)
Zziggy Sternenstaub
Mechanic
Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post  99pro on Tue 15 Oct - 15:31

it may have to do with your not spin in the cas.

do a copy of the wheel you want to use and rename it like this for a ex my_wheel = my_wheel2 and then put the number 2 wheel as a spin expo and the second as ingame at the cas.

99pro
Mechanic
Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post  GeeDee on Tue 15 Oct - 20:11

@Zziggy Sternenstaub wrote:Hi Gee, thanks for the help! I know this and just switched to LHD to make a better screenshot. But the steering wheel seems to be unmovable, I guess because it is mapped to the Zagato car. Can this be?

Because the steering wheel is mentioned in the car-file like this:

SteeringWheelAxis=(0.0,0.2,1.0) and still it sits quietly Very Happy  on the left side. Even if I put in
SteeringWheelAxis=(-0.76,0.2,1.0)
I don't know much more about it than you then Zzigg m8... sorry I can't be of more use!! Crying or Very sad
GeeDee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Everfresh Cranberry on Wed 16 Oct - 6:36

@ Ziggy.. here's quick tutorial (from memory) on how I do the steering wheel RHD/LHD conversions of cars. 

Open up the Vantage .car file with 3dsimed. Right click the steering wheel then "edit" then click "center". You should see the X,Y,Z values being filled in. Hit "MS" to save the values to memory. Might be a good idea to write it down too.

Open up the vehicle .car file of the donor vehicle (your Zagato) with 3dsimed. Right click the steering wheel, edit and hit "center". Then hit "MR" to replace the XYZ values of the wheel (or manually type in). Your wheel should position itself into the correct place. Click display object and hide all but your steering wheel. Next export as a gtr2 GMT file to your desktop. Click "no" when it asks if you want to export hidden files. Right click the wheel and open up the materials properties and make note of the .dds files you need.

Open the steering wheel you saved with 3dsimed and export as a GTR2 gmt file. This time it'll prompt you to enter the steering wheel axis. Enter the values you had written down.

Next open up the textures .GTR file of the Zagato and copy all the ones you need to the desktop.

Finally, rename the steeringwheel to the same name as the one in the .cas file of the Vantage. Drag and drop the steering wheel .gmt and all materials into the Vantage's folder.

If all goes well you should have a fancy steering wheel.
Everfresh Cranberry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zziggy Sternenstaub on Wed 16 Oct - 16:45

Thanks E.C.!highfive  Sounds quite complicated to me, I´ve never worked with 3dsimed, but I will give it a try!
Zziggy Sternenstaub
Mechanic
Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post  healeyracer on Sat 19 Oct - 9:50

r]Thank you Cool 

healeyracer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content